Friday 24 May 2013

Review: NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder (Translucent Highlighter Glow)

Hello everybody and welcome to my blog. For my very first review and post, I will be reviewing the Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder  by NYC. I have wanted this product for quite a while and I finally got it  about two weeks ago. Let me tell that for the amount of time that I have used this product, I have already fallen in love with it. This face powder leaves such a great matte finish on the face and what's more, it is so light, it harmonizes perfectly with the foundation and/or concealer you are already wearing. 




When I was getting it, I thought I had gotten the wrong shade "Translucent Highlighter Glow" but when I got home to try it out, it was just my color! Talk about some luck! I got mine at a local drugstore for 5.49$ plus taxes, however, I am pretty sure that it is about half a dollar cheaper on the website and if I'm not mistaken, it should also be cheaper in other drugstores/makeup shops. 

I found many different ways to use this Face Powder, which is another great thing about it. You can use it as:
1. A face powder : Obviously, you just take a powder brush and dab it on your face and it will give you that perfect matte finish, that is a great thing especially if you have an oily T-zone, like me! 
2. A highlighter/blush : Depending on the shade you got it in, this could be used as a highlighter or a blush. Mine was the lightest shade, so I could easily use it as a highlighter, even tho it is a matte highlighter, it does make the high points of your face a lot more visible. After looking at other reviews, I saw that some people who had gotten in darker shade were using it as a blush and it looked like a beautiful "peachy rose" blush. 
3. Eyeshadow : Although this one doesn't really work as well for all the colors on the wheel, I have tried it for the darkest color on my face powder wheel, a very nice matte brown, but I did have to use eye primer to intensify it and I was able to get a soft brown shadow on my eyelid. (It is face powder after all, it shouldn't be as pigmented as eye shadow, eh?) However, from the reviews I've looked at, the darker shades were able to get more intensified colors from the palette, so I guess it's all a matter of which palette you get. Here are some swatches of all the 4 colors on the palette with and without primer.  




Overall, I am very satisfied with this purchase and for the price of it, and the many functions it has, I am very pleased. As for the packaging and the way the powder is shown, I am really happy because honestly that is what got me to want to buy it so badly in the first place. I do recommend it if you are looking for a great face powder or blush/highlighter that is not too powdery, soft and easily blendable, however, do not get fooled by all the colors on the wheel, thinking you could use them all as eye shadow, not all of the colors are as pigmented as they may seem. (At least, for my shade of palette...)

Have a great day,
N. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment